So, what’s our precious boy up to at 10 months? SO MUCH
- Mareto is 26lbs and 30 inches! A big boy for sure. Everyone keeps saying he’ll play football. I just smile and think to myself, “he can play whatever sport he wants… or he can play the flute… or chess… or he can be a poet, or a preacher… he can do whatever God puts in his heart to do.”
- Mareto has four teeth! The top two and the bottom two. There’s a little gap in between the top two and it’s super cute. He’s learning to chew little bits of food and he looks so cute doing it.
- He’s still crawling everywhere with his own special Mareto crawl. He only lets one knee touch the ground and he pushes himself forward with the other foot. Adorable.
- He pulls up on everything and is cruising around all the furniture. If he gets brave enough to let go he can stand for a couple seconds before he falls on his bum.
- He has been eating more table food this month. Now that he has some teeth we’ve been giving him tiny bites of whatever we’re eating. No meat yet, though. His favorite is rice… he pretty much devours it.
- Not a lot has changed with his sleeping. He slept all the way through the night ONCE this month. We got all excited, but he hasn’t done it again. He wakes up once in the very early morning and then sleeps in pretty late for us (between 8-9am). So no complaints here!
- The most wonderful thing (to me) that Mareto learned to do this month is say “mama”… he said it one day out of the blue and now he says it all day long. It never ceases to melt my heart.
- Mareto started waving “hi” and “bye”. It’s so stinking cute! You don’t even have to wave for him to do it. All I have to do is smile really big and say “Hiii!” and he starts waving emphatically. I’ll have to get it on video soon because it’s so funny.
- He learned the “n” sound this week and usually only uses it if he is frustrated. He couldn’t get to a toy he wanted so he started going “neeeh neeeh!!” I laughed… then helped him.
- His hair is getting really thick! It still looks like he has a receding hairline and is patchy on the sides, but it is super thick. We’ve gotten all sorts of hair products to try out… some work and some don’t. He always smells delicious though because most products have coconut oil in them. Yum.
- He has a recent obsession with spoons. He just wants to carry a spoon around all the time. So I let him of course.
There are so many wonderful and adorable things he does all day every day that I could keep writing until my fingers were numb! He is so delightful!! Honestly, he just the most precious thing on earth. I can hardly believe I get to spend my days with him. We are so blessed.